WHO CAN APPLY?
Any family who is struggling financially to afford equipment, support services, or therapy for their child with a developmental disability
WHAT DOES "FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE" MEAN?
- The Westside Foundation will donate a one-time, financial award each quarter to each of its recipient families until the year's donation and fundraising proceeds are exhausted. In the application, families must describe the type of equipment, support service, or therapy service that the funds would be used for and how they will significantly enhance the quality of life for the child.
- The Westside Foundation will oversee the distribution of funds to ensure that they are used for the resource that the application requested and that the Board approved.
HOW DOES A FAMILY APPLY?
- Families are eligible to apply anytime at this link.
- The application, once submitted, becomes part of the review pool for the following award date. Award decision dates occur quarterly (March 1, June 1, September 1, December 1). If an application is received within 1 week of the award decision date, it will be reviewed in the following award period.
- Example: If a family applies for financial assistance on Feb 27th, their application will be reviewed for the June 1 award date, not the March 1 date.
HOW ARE AWARDS DETERMINED?
- Applications are reviewed by the foundation's Board of Directors each month and are assessed on the following criteria:
- (1) How committed is the family to improving the wellbeing of their child?
- (2) How critical is the financial assistance that is being requested?
- (3) What will the financial assistance be used for?
- Is this equipment, support service, or therapy service going to have a direct, significant improvement on the child's quality of life?
- (4) Has this family received a foundation award in the last 12 months?